Weather and Emergency Procedures
DELAYED OPENING PROCEDURES
- It may be necessary to delay opening of school due to inclement weather or other emergencies. When this happens, school opening will be delayed for two hours.
- Food services will be provided as usual.
- Please do not send children to school earlier than necessary to meet the delayed opening time.
- Parents can check the district's main page of this website for closings and delayed openings. Recordings are available by calling: 732-462-8400.
- We are the "Freehold Township Schools," not the "Freehold Regional High School District." There may be times when confusion arises due to similarity of district names.
- It is important to remember that our delayed opening is for two hours. Therefore, you can expect that your child's bus will arrive approximately two hours later than the normal pickup time.
- Schools will dismiss at the regular time.
- Your help in following these procedures is appreciated.
- If you have any questions concerning your child's delayed opening schedule, please contact your building principal.
Occasionally, inclement weather, loss of water, electricity, or some other emergency, may force the early closing of one or more of our schools. These unscheduled changes of school days are infrequent. However, it is vital that each family make arrangements to ensure that children know what they are to do if an emergency forces an early closing. Please take time to discuss this with your children.
In the event of an early closing, students will be asked if they know what their parents or guardians want them to do in an emergency early closing of school. Students who are uncertain will be referred to the school office and parents or individuals identified as emergency contacts in Genesis will be called in order to ensure the students' safety. Your cooperation in making plans with your children to deal with the possibility of an early dismissal will mean peace of mind for you and safety for your children. Announcements of early closing of schools will be made as listed.
In the event of a severe storm or other emergency that necessitates the closing of schools, a special announcement will be made between 6:45 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. Information is also provided on our website and on News 12 New Jersey. Recordings of closings and delayed openings are also available by calling 732-462-8400. Our automated calling service will send out phone messages and you will receive an e-mail notification.
It may be necessary to delay the opening of school due to inclement weather or other emergencies. When this happens, school openings will be delayed for a period of 2 hours. Detailed information pertaining to delayed openings can be found above.
In a township as large as Freehold, weather and road conditions may vary. Should you deem conditions in your neighborhood too hazardous, it may be your decision to have your child remain at home. All such absences will be charged against the student's attendance record.
A reminder to the parents whose children are in the YMCA After-School Care Program: In the event of unscheduled early closings, please contact the YMCA for information regarding your child's after school care program.